requesting Extra hours
For holidays, the Church Offices will be closed. This means anyone (salary or hourly) who normally works on those days doesn’t come to work and it’s a paid staff holiday. If a paid staff holiday falls on a day that you are not scheduled to work, you do not get to clock hours for that day since you weren’t going to be working anyway.
- Everyone will get up to two paid days for Thanksgiving break.
- If you work on SUNDAYS, you will get Wednesday 11/22 and Thursday 11/23 off for Thanksgiving
- If you work on FRIDAYS, you will get Thursday, 11/23 and Friday, 11/24 off for Thanksgiving
- If you only work one day between Wednesday – Friday, you will just get that day off.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas fall on Sunday and Monday, so the paid Christmas holidays will be as follows:
- Monday, 12/25 will be a paid staff holiday for Christmas
- Tuesday, 12/26 will be a paid staff holiday for Christmas Eve
- If you don’t work both of these days, you don’t get an extra day.
- We will be having a Sunday morning Christmas Eve service!
- New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day fall on Sunday and Monday, so the paid holidays will be as follows:
- Monday, 1/1 will be a paid staff holiday for New Year’s Day
- Tuesday, 1/2 will be a paid staff holiday for New Year’s Eve
- We’ll all be back to work on Wednesday, 1/3 to start 2018 with a bang!
A few more notes about the holiday season
- Although the school semester winds down in early December, we expect everyone to continue to come to work on their normal work schedule.
- If you would like to be out of the office more than the paid dates above, you will need to use PTO and submit a leave request at least 1 week in advance. But feel free to submit it now if you know your schedule! It will help us see who is here and who isn’t.
- We will not be allowing people to work in another city during the holidays. If you are working, we ask that you be at the office. If you will be out of town, then please use PTO and request off.